I’ve never blogged before.
I’ve always thought about it, but there’s always been something holding me back.
Why is this? Because I care too much about what people think and not about what makes me feel good. I was always worried about what people, particularly people I knew, would say:
- “What the hell is she doing?”
- “Who does she think she is?”
- “What makes her think people care about her opinion?”
Always, until now. Now, I don’t feel fear of these questions because I have answers.
- I’m writing a blog, because I enjoy writing and taking the odd artsy fartsy photo. I like sharing my opinion and my experiences. I believe that anything you’ve experienced, you can be almost guaranteed that someone else has been in the same or similar situation. Personally, I find that the most comforting feeling ever. Knowing I’m not alone, I’m not the first and I sure as hell won’t be the last. I hope to contribute to that through my blog and share the good times and the bad. Anyone who knows me well has heard me say “you can’t have the good photos without the bad” and really the same applies to experiences.
- I don’t think I’m anyone. I know who I am. My name is Alex, I’m a 23 year old science student, repeating my final year who’s pretty interested in getting on the blogging wagon.
- Nothing makes me think anyone cares about my opinion. It’s simply there if you’re interested. I enjoy helping and the best way I know how is by sharing my experience and hoping it comforts others by showing them their not alone.
As you can probably guess a big topic for me is mental health. I feel that, although there’s been progress, it’s still a huge taboo and that really needs to change. I also enjoy discussing cooking, fashion, photography, science… The list is practically endless. If you can think of it, I could probably talk about it!
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on what you’d like to talk about. I love to hear others opinions as much as my own!
With that out of the way, I’m really looking forward to sinking my teeth into some hopefully more interesting, funny, exciting, close to home and thought-provoking posts.
Stick around to see what happens!